I’ve watched it a few times now, and still can’t believe that this exists.
See also parts Two, and Three. There is also a version specifically edited for fans of The Runaways.
The 1978 Rock and Roll Sports Classic would count as must-see viewing if you, like me, have often lain awake wondering things such as:
* Who would win a race between Joan Jett, Anne Murray and Tanya Tucker? What if they were on bikes?
* Which bearded musician is the faster swimmer, Kenny Loggins or Hugh McDowell from ELO?
* How was Michael Jackson in the 100 Yard Dash? Or was he more effective in the pool?
* Would an all-star team drawn from Boston, The Jacksons, and Sha Na Na make up one of the greatest basketball sides ever?
* How powerful would Rod Stewart be in a tug of war? What if he had Freddy Fender anchoring him?
The festivities ably hosted by noted rockers Ed McMahon and Phyllis Diller. One of those instances where reality outweirds even the most demented satire.